Preventive Dental Services
Good oral hygiene is a critical part of preventing serious dental problems. Bacteria can live in your mouth in the form of plaque. Plaque causes cavities and gingivitis, which can lead to periodontal (gum) disease and tooth decay. Therefore it’s essential to practice good oral hygiene to keep your mouth clean and healthy. Establishing daily habits, such as regular brushing and flossing, are the cornerstone to good oral health.
At Home Preventive Dental Services
The American Dental Association recommends the following techniques for daily brushing and flossing:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums
- Brush for approximately 2 minutes after each meal
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath
- Break off approximately 18 inches of floss and wind it around the middle fingers of each of your hands
- Hold the floss tightly between your thumbs and forefingers
- Guide the floss between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion.
Besides practicing good at-home oral hygiene, you should also remember to see Dr. Lambrow for preventive dental services. Regular dental cleanings give us the chance to help you prevent many dental problems. Additionally, twice-yearly exams allow us to catch and fill small cavities before they become more significant issues. Give our office a call, or contact us to schedule your appointment!